Joe Pulizzi is first and foremost a content marketing evangelist. He began using the term “content marketing” back in 2001. He’s the founder of the Content Marketing Institute (CMI), the leading content marketing educational resource for enterprise brands, recognized as the fastest growing business media company by Inc. magazine in 2013. CMI is responsible for producing Content Marketing World, the largest content marketing event in the world, as well as the leading content marketing magazine, Chief Content Officer. CMI also offers strategic consulting for enterprise brands such as AT&T, Petco, LinkedIn, SAP and many others.
Joe is the winner of the 2014 John Caldwell Lifetime Achievement Award from the Content Council. Joe has written a new book, Epic Content Marketing as well as co-authored two other books, Get Content Get Customers and Managing Content Marketing. Joe has spoken at more than 300 locations and 12 countries advancing the practice of content marketing. He’s delivered keynote speeches for dozens of events and organizations including SXSW, BMA National, Oracle Eloqua, DuPont, SAP, HP and Dell.
Joe not only writes one of the most influential content marketing blogs in the world, he writes a column for Entrepreneur.com and LinkedIn. You can also hear Joe on his podcast, “This Old Marketing”. If you ever meet him in person, he’ll be wearing orange. You can find Joe on Twitter @JoePulizzi.
- Won 2014 John Caldwell Lifetime Achievement Award (Content Council)
- CMI is a 2012, 2013 & 2014 Inc. 500 company
- CMI is a 2012 & 2013 Weatherhead Upstart Winner
- Board advisor, OpenView Venture Partners (Boston, MA)
- Board member, Cleveland Press Club
- Former board member, Custom Content Council
- Former board member, Easter Seals Northern Ohio
- Ernst & Young 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year finalist
- American Business Media Custom Media Innovator of the Year (2008)
- Named Most Influential Content Strategist by Lavacon, as well as Content Marketer of the Year (Contently)
- Organizes Content Marketing Institute Golf for Autism event
- 2013 Positively Cleveland Champion Spokesman
Picture of Joe
- Joe Pulizzi